Brewing and Production ManagerCheck out the qualifications and details below...
Martin House Brewing has an immediate opening for an experienced Brewing & Production Manager in Fort Worth, TX.
Martin House Brewing Company has been in business in Fort Worth, Texas for over 6 years. We brewed 9,000 barrels in 2018 and are projecting 12,000 for 2019. We brew on a 2-vessel 30-barrel system and a 5-barrel pilot system that feeds our taproom. We are looking for an experienced Brewing & Production Manager to lead our production team to continued success through this growth.
This position will be responsible for managing and leading the production crew, facilities, and schedule. The position will also oversee and insure that all brewing processes are being performed per company SOPs. The position will manage raw material inventory and order as necessary. The position will work with the sales team to manage finished product inventory to ensure fresh, high-quality product is ready to sell when needed.
The position should be comfortable creating new recipes for the Martin House taproom and for distribution. Additionally, the position will need to occasionally perform all aspects of brewing as labor needs dictate. The ideal candidate for this job should be able to complete all these tasks while keeping beer quality high, minimizing waste, reducing costs, and boosting employee morale. Ultimately, this position will be responsible for both the quality of the finished product and the bottom line.
To excel at this job, you’ll need to enjoy managing a team. You’ll need to earn their trust and respect and give them the tools and guidance they need to succeed. Above all, you’ll need to keep a high quality product at the top of your priorities. You’ll need an obsessive attitude toward organization and cleanliness. You’ll need to be able to work with the Quality Manager and Brewmaster to develop, implement, and improve processes and procedures. You’ll be expected to be able to use your experience and knowledge to independently solve problems.
The position will generally be M-F, 8-5 with occasional variation as the need arises. You’ll also be expected to work occasional nights and weekends for special events. This position will report directly to Martin House ownership.
- Excitement and passion for craft beer, and demonstrable creativity in brewing
- Multiple years of commercial brewing experience as a head brewer
- Multiple years of employee management experience
Things to move you to the front of the line:
- 5+ years head brewer experience at a 5000+ barrel/year brewery
- Experience creating, implementing, and managing SOPs
- Experience creating, implementing, and managing safety policies
- Experience with QA/QC procedures and Yeast Management
- Charisma and public speaking skills to speak at events
- Ability to create recipes with proven success in the market (samples are encouraged)
- Experience managing employees
- The experience and ability to maintain, troubleshoot, and fix brewery machinery
- Experience with a centrifuge and a canning line
- Evidence that you are meticulous and extremely reliable
- Excellent references
If you’d like to apply, email your cover letter and resume to: MHCareers@martinhousebrewing.com.